Did you know that up to 90% of road accidents are because of driver error?
Simple tips to remember when driving:
1. Always put on your SEAT BELT. It's there to keep you alive.
2. Focus on the road and vehicles in front and beside you. You don't have to look at the guy picking his nose in the car beside.
3. Anticipate what vehicles around you are gonna do. This will give you an edge when it comes to emergency situations.
4. Do not use your mobile phones or try to text your friends while driving. If you need to call someone or answer the phone, put on your hands-free kit before driving.
5. Use your indicator lights (signal lights) when changing lanes, preparing to turn into a corner or when stopping on the side of the road.
6. Keep you windscreen and windows clean.... they are the eyes of your car.
7. Please don't drive way below the speed limit on the right lane (overtaking lane). I really hate it when people drive at 60km/h on the right lane of an 80km/h road. You may not realise this, but by driving slowly, you are creating traffic jams and causing accidents behind you.
That's all... try to practice these simple tips and make them a habit. These tips may save your life.