Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SOLD !! Aston Martin goes to Prodrive....

Ford-owned luxury sports car brand Aston Martin is finally sold to British automotive company Prodrive.

Who is Prodrive? For those who are not familiar, Prodrive currently runs programmes for the Subaru World Rally Team in the World Rally Championship; for Aston Martin Racing in world sports car series; and for the Ford Performance Racing team in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series. Some might recognise Prodrive through their famous prototype car, the P2 (The car that made Jeremy Clarkson puke on screen :)

However, Ford will still own 15% of Aston Martin's shares after selling the remaining 85% for $848 mil.

(Source: and

No comments: