Sunday, April 15, 2007

First time ever....

I drove back from KL to Penang today, and for the first time I adhered to the speed limit (even the 60km/h ones). Well, I did this because I wanted to see how long will I take to reach Penang on a legal speed :)


Usually, it will take around 3 hours 30 minutes to reach Penang from KL (from the Kerinchi Link). Today, it took 5 hours. I didn't mind the travel time, but the drive was stressful.


On the highway, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY travels at a constant 110km/h. Everyone either travels around 95km/h or way above 110km/h. Its so difficult to keep to a single lane since our 'world-class' highways are only 2 lanes wide. On some instances, I nearly fell asleep 'cos the drive was so boring because at 110km/h, there is totally no sense of speed and no body-roll when taking a corner.



Well, on the plus side, the fuel consumption of my car was low and returned an impressive 14.7km/l. (I usually get around 10km/l).

No comments: